City Of Bellemeade
Regular Meeting Agenda
June 14, 2021 at 7:00 PM
The 700 Room, 1st Floor
700 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Call To Order –
Approval of Previous Minutes –
Reports – Each Report Will be Followed by Comments from Each Commissioner Who Wishes to Speak.
- Treasurer’s Report and Adoption
- Mayor’s Report – James Martin – Discussion of American Recovery Plan Funding.
- To respond to the public health emergency of COVID-19 or its negative economic impacts, including assistance to households, small businesses and nonprofits, or aid to impacted industries such as tourism, travel and hospitality;
- To provide premium pay of up to $13 per hour to essential workers – those needed to maintain continuity of operations of essential critical infrastructure or other sectors determined by the governor – during the public health emergency or provide grants to eligible employers. This is in addition to wages the worker otherwise receives and may not exceed $25,000 for any eligible worker;
- For the provision of government services to the extent of the reduction in city revenue due to the COVID-19 public health emergency relative to revenues collected in the city’s most recent full fiscal year prior to the emergency (FY 2019); or
- To make necessary investments in water, sewer or broadband infrastructure.
Current Resident suggestions are
- Updating the streetlights – LED and adding more between.
- Drainage issues on north chadwick 100 block
- Security cameras at entrances.
- Twice year large junk pick up.
- Broadband access for City of Bellemeade
- Hotspots or brodband for NERL library branch
- Helping low income bellemeade residents with sewer bills
- Sewer improvements
- Removing old trees on shelbyville road and planting new ones.
- Pipeline on the South Hampton Woodcleft Ditch
- Autumn leaf composting
- Teaming with other small cities to fund a solar array.
- Commissioner Reports
Public Comments – In Accordance With Commission Rules
New Business –
- Discussion of changing police patrols to be exclusively night and at least one weekend night per weekend – oral resolution on the same.
- Second Reading of Budget Ordinance for 2021/2022 Discussion of the Same
- Consideration of Budget Ordinance for 2021/2022
- Second Reading of Ordinance Amending 2020/2021 Budget to Include Expenditures for Road Repair and Landscaping.
- Consideration of Ordinance Amending 2020/2021 Budget to Include Expenditures for Road Repair and Landscaping
- Second Reading of Non-Solicitation Ordinance
- Consideration of Non-Solicitation Ordinance
- Presentation of Investment Policy and Discussion and possible adoption of the same.
- Discussion of Changes to Possible Commissioner Roles
- Discussion of Virtual or Physical Meeting Location Date for April Meetings
The next working meeting is scheduled for Monday July 5, 2021 7:00 pm. via Zoom. The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday July 12, 2021 7:00 pm in person.