Regular Meeting Agenda
July 12, 2021 at 7:00 PM
The 700 Room, 1st Floor
700 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Call To Order –
Approval of Previous Minutes –
Reports – Each Report Will be Followed by Comments from Each Commissioner Who Wishes to Speak.
- Treasurer’s Report and Adoption
- Mayor’s Report – James Martin
- MSD contacted about hole at end of North Chadwick (MSD plated)
- Not sure if state came and removed limbs in US 60 right of way.
- Question where do we stand on tax ordinance?
- American Recovery Plan Funding. Bellemeade is predicted to receive approximately $164,000 as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The Bellemeade Commission wants your input on how those funds should be spent. All costs must be incurred by December 31, 2024. Eligible uses include:
(1) Household Assistance – including food assistance; rent, mortgage, or utility assistance; counseling and legal aid; cash assistance to households are allowed, but they must be proportional to the negative economic impact on the household.
(2) Investing in Water, Sewer, and Broadband Infrastructure
(3) Special-Purpose Districts – including school districts, water districts, or fire districts – will not receive funding allocations; however, cities may transfer money to these districts to further goals of the act. Similarly, cities may transfer funds to county governments and vice versa.
Current Resident suggestions are
- Updating the streetlights – LED and adding more between.
- Drainage issues on north chadwick 100 block
- Security cameras at entrances.
- Twice year large junk pick up.
- Broadband access for City of Bellemeade
- Hotspots or brodband for NERL library branch
- Helping low income bellemeade residents with sewer bills
- Sewer improvements
- Removing old trees on shelbyville road and planting new ones.
- Pipeline on the South Hampton Woodcleft Ditch
- Autumn leaf composting
- Teaming with other small cities to fund a solar array.
- Community ministry food pantry
- Library donation
- Fire district donation
- Commissioner Reports
Public Comments – In Accordance With Commission Rules
New Business –
- Third Reading of Non-Solicitation Ordinance
- Consideration of Non-Solicitation Ordinance
- Presentation of Investment Policy and Discussion and possible adoption of the same.
- Discussion of Changes to Possible Commissioner Roles
- Discussion of Virtual or Physical Meeting Location Date for August Meetings
The next working meeting is scheduled for Monday August 2, 2021 7:00 pm. via Zoom. The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday August 9, 2021 7:00 pm in person.