Regular Meeting Agenda
September 13, 2021 at 7:00 PM
The 700 Room, 1st Floor
700 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Call To Order –
Approval of Previous Minutes –
Reports – Each Report Will be Followed by Comments from Each Commissioner Who Wishes to Speak.
- Treasurer’s Report and Adoption
- Mayor’s Report – James Martin
- American Recovery Plan Funding Update – total amount of $132,864.00 as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). This is substantially lower than the preliminary estimate, but was reduced after our budget certification was received. The Bellemeade Commission wants input on how those funds should be spent. All costs must be incurred by December 31, 2024. Eligible uses include:
(1) Household Assistance – including food assistance; rent, mortgage, or utility assistance; counseling and legal aid; cash assistance to households are allowed, but they must be proportional to the negative economic impact on the household.
(2) Investing in Water, Sewer, and Broadband Infrastructure
(3) Special-Purpose Districts – including school districts, water districts, or fire districts – will not receive funding allocations; however, cities may transfer money to these districts to further goals of the act. Similarly, cities may transfer funds to county governments and vice versa.
Current Resident suggestions are
- Updating the streetlights – LED and adding more between.
- Drainage issues on north chadwick 100 block
- Security cameras at entrances.
- Twice year large junk pick up.
- Broadband access for City of Bellemeade
- Hotspots or broadband for NERL library branch
- Helping low income Bellemeade residents with sewer bills
- Sewer improvements
- Removing old trees on Shelbyville road and planting new ones.
- Pipeline on the South Hampton Woodcleft Ditch
- Autumn leaf composting
- Teaming with other small cities to fund a solar array.
- Community ministry food pantry
- Library donation
- Fire district donation
- Water pressure increase
- Police security increase.
- Commissioner Reports
Public Comments – In Accordance with Commission Rules
New Business –
- Second reading of Property Tax Ordinance 6.7 cents per $100 of value
- Discussion of Property Tax Ordinance and Consideration of the Same
- Second reading of Overnight Street Parking Ordinance
- Consideration/Discussion of Street Parking Ordinance
- Discussion of Virtual or Physical Meeting Location Date for future Meetings
The next working meeting is scheduled for Monday October 4, 2021 7:00 pm. via Zoom. The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday October 11, 2021 7:00 pm in person.