Public Works

The City of Bellemeade does not have a paid Public Works Department. Administration of Public Works is a coordinated effort between Bellemeade City Commisson and other entities / agencies.

Labor Day week sanitation collection will be on Wednesday, September 4.

SANITATION: Regular weekly recycle, garbage, and yard waste pick up service is provided every Tuesday by the City of Bellemeade. This Bellemeade service is administered by municipal contract with Rumpke, Inc. and is NOT affected by Metro Public Works schedules or policies. Please adhere to the specifications for packaging and types of waste that will be collected.
Sanitation collection Labor Day week will be Wednesday, September 4.

Streets and street lights are under the supervision of Public Works Commissioner Andrew Miller. Shelbyville Road entrances and other Bellemeade owned property are under the supervision of Public Lands Commissoner Bob Elliott.

The City of Bellemeade maintains the streets and public lands within the boundaries of the city with the exception of North Chadwick Road which is a Kentucky Transportation Cabinet/Metro public access road. Wood Road, Shelbyville Road, and Whipps Mill Road are also either Lyndon or Kentucky Transportation Cabinet/Metro public access roads. Street light costs are paid by Bellemeade; repair of street lights is done by LG&E. S

Snow is removed from Bellemeade streets in snowfalls in excess of three inches notwithstanding ice under the snow.  Wood Road and Whipps Mill Road are Lyndon streets.  Snow removal on North Chadwick Road is the responsibility of Metro.  The Streets and Lights Commissioner and the Public Safety Commissioner jointly recommend if the plows need to be called in and will use their judgement to determine when hazardous or special circumstances exist as part of their recommendation.

Street lights that are out are handled by LG&E.  Please report outages to  You can also contact the Public Works Commissioner with the full street light information (intersection, address, etc).

Please report damaged or missing street signs: specify the location (intersection) and extent of the loss or  damage. Contact information is below.

Lights at the city entrances are maintained by the Public Lands Commissioner. 

Potholes are filled as needed.  Contact the Public Works Commissioner with the location of the pot hole and it will be looked after.  If the pothole is on Wood Road or Whipps Mill Road it is handled by the City of Lyndon or Metro.  If the pothole is on North Chadwick Roadd it is handled by Louisville Metro.  The Commissioner can contact Metro or Lyndon City to report the problem.

Streets and Lights Contact Information

You can reach Commissioner Andrew Miller at or 502-417-0831 (Text is fine).