Regular Meeting Agenda
May 9, 2022 at 7:00 PM
The 700 Room, 1st Floor
700 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Call To Order –
Approval of Previous Minutes –
Reports – Each Report Will be Followed by Comments from Each Commissioner Who Wishes to Speak.
- Treasurer’s Report and Adoption
- Mayor’s Report – James Martin
- Working meeting was held via Zoom at 7:00 PM on May 2nd. The meeting was attended by James Martin, Geri Huff, Halle Brumleve, Sandra Walker, and resident Vicki Frantz who mentioned that LGE contractors left debri in the drainage ditch.
- Bellemeade City Election will occur November 8, 2022 – The candidate filing
deadline is Tuesday June 7, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
- American Rescue Plan Funding Update – total amount of $132,864.00 as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The Bellemeade Commission wants input on how those funds should be spent. All costs must be incurred by December 31, 2024. Eligible uses are now greatly expanded since there is now a presumed amount of lost revenue up to $10,000,000 for each city. Only 4 or 5 cities in the Commonwealth received more than $10,000,000. All other cities can use their full amounts for traditional governmental services.
Therefore, we are no longer limited to the following categories.
(1) Household Assistance – including food assistance; rent, mortgage, or utility assistance; counseling and legal aid; cash assistance to households are allowed, but they must be proportional to the negative economic impact on the household.
(2) Investing in Water, Sewer, and Broadband Infrastructure and Public Safety
(3) Special-Purpose Districts –.
We may not use the funds for:
- Pay for debt service or financing expenses
- Replenish financial reserves (e.g., rainy day fund)
- Satisfy obligations under a settlement agreement, judgment, consent decree, or debt restructuring
- Violate existing federal, state, or local laws; regulations; or the intent, terms, and conditions of ARPA
Current Commission Discussions Have Focused on:
- Drainage Ditch clearing behind South Hamptom
- Partial Reimbursement for Resident Home Camera Installation
- Updating the streetlights – LED and adding more between.
- Police security increase.
- Tree Planting
- Commissioner Reports
- Public Works –
- Public Safety –
- Discussion of Video Surveillance at Entrances.
- Public Events –
- Yard Sale – 8/20/22
- Block Party – May 28, 22 – 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Public Comments – In Accordance with Commission Rules
New Business –
- Second Reading – Street Closure for Block Party Ordinance
- Discussion, Consideration, and Possible voting on Street Closure for Block Party Ordinance
- First Reading of July 1 2022 – June 30, 2023 City Budget
- Discussion of July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 City Budget
- Second Reading of Proposed Canopy Tree reimbursement ordinance
- Discussion, Consideration, and Possible voting on Proposed Canopy Tree reimbursement ordinance
- Discussion of Virtual or Physical Meeting Location Date for future Meetings – Ask City Attorney to Confirm limits of virtual meetings since state of emergency has ended.
The next working meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 6, 2022 7:00 pm. Via Zoom. The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday June 13, 2022 7:00 pm. in person.