Monday, December 12, 2022 7:00 pm
700 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Call To Order –
Approval of Previous Minutes –
Reports – Each Report Will be Followed by Comments from Each Commissioner Who Wishes to Speak.
- Treasurer’s Report and Adoption
- 2022 Financial Statement or the extension or the audit opt out.
- Mayor’s Report – James Martin
- Working Meeting was held December 5, 2022 via Zoom Ben, Sandy and James attended.
- Would like to get all IT and website, hosting, domain, under the control of clerk.
- American Rescue Plan Funding Update – total amount of $132,864.00 as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The Bellemeade Commission wants input on how those funds should be spent. All costs must be incurred by December 31, 2024. Eligible uses are now greatly expanded since there is now a presumed amount of lost revenue up to $10,000,000 for each city. Cities can use their full amounts for traditional governmental services.
Current Commission Discussions Have Focused on:
- Police security increase.
- Tree Planting
- Drainage Ditch clearing behind South Hamptom – issues include liability and resident permission to enter onto their property.
- Partial Reimbursement for Resident Home Camera Installation
- Updating the streetlights – LED and adding more between.
- Commissioner Reports
- Public Events –
- Public Lands –
- Public Works –
- Public Safety –
Public Comments – In Accordance with Commission Rules
New Business –
● Commissioner swearing in – “Each person elected to an office shall take the oath of office on or before the day the term of office to which he has been elected begins, except in years where the first Monday in January falls upon January 1.” KRS 62.010
● It is possible that Robin Mountain may decide to resign his position and selection process of new candidate will be discussed.
* “No vacancy by reason of voluntary resignation in the office of mayor or on a legislative body shall occur unless a written resignation which specifies a resignation date is tendered to the legislative body. The resignation shall be effective at the next regular or special meeting of the city legislative body occurring after the date specified in the written letter of resignation.” KRS 83A.040(7).
* “If one (1) or more vacancies on a legislative body occur in a way that one (1) or more members remain seated, the remaining members shall within thirty (30) days fill the vacancies one (1) at a time, giving each new appointee reasonable notice of his selection as will enable him to meet and act with the remaining members in making further appointments until all vacancies are filled.” KRS 83A.040(5).
● Discussion and Completion of 30 Day Report. – KRS 121.180 requires all candidates and candidate campaign committees, regardless of whether their Spending Intent was over $3,000 or $3,000 or less,
● Discussion of next years’ positions
● Discussion of Mayor pro tem position
- Discussion of Virtual or Physical Meeting Location Date for future Meetings –
The next working meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 2, 2022 7:00 pm. (Will likely be cancelled for Holiday, but may occur if need arises)
The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 9, 2022 7:00 pm. in person.
- Adjournment –