Monday, January 23, 2023 7:00 pm
700 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Call To Order –
Approval of Previous Minutes –
Reports – Each Report Will be Followed by Comments from Each Commissioner Who Wishes to Speak.
- Treasurer’s Report and Adoption
- Mayor’s Report – James Martin
- Working meeting of January 2, 2023 was not held (observed New Year’s Day). Regular meeting of January 9, 2023 was postponed as a result of Mayor’s unavailability in consultation with all commissioners and staff.
- Spoke with Hatfield Media – Would like to get all IT and website, hosting, domain, under the control of city clerk.
- Will update code of ordinances to reflect new ordinances and changes after February 2023 meeting. Request that City Attorney Stephen Porter review and provide thoughts.
- American Rescue Plan Funding Update – total amount of $132,864.00 as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The Bellemeade Commission wants input on how those funds should be spent. All costs must be incurred by December 31, 2024. Eligible uses are now greatly expanded since there is now a presumed amount of lost revenue up to $10,000,000 for each city. Cities can use their full amounts for traditional governmental services.
Current Commission Discussions Have Focused on:
- Police security increase.
- Tree Planting
- Drainage Ditch clearing behind South Hamptom – issues include liability and resident permission to enter onto their property.
- Partial Reimbursement for Resident Home Camera Installation
- Updating the streetlights – LED and adding more between.
- Commissioner Reports
- Public Events –
- Public Lands –
- Public Works –
- Public Safety –
Public Comments – In Accordance with Commission Rules
New Business –
● Robin Mountain has decided to resign his position and selection process of new candidate will be discussed.
o “No vacancy by reason of voluntary resignation in the office of mayor or on a legislative body shall occur unless a written resignation which specifies a resignation date is tendered to the legislative body. The resignation shall be effective at the next regular or special meeting of the city legislative body occurring after the date specified in the written letter of resignation.” KRS 83A.040(7).
o “If one (1) or more vacancies on a legislative body occur in a way that one (1) or more members remain seated, the remaining members shall within thirty (30) days fill the vacancies one (1) at a time, giving each new appointee reasonable notice of his selection as will enable him to meet and act with the remaining members in making further appointments until all vacancies are filled.” KRS 83A.040(5).
● First Reading of ordinance modifying commissioner roles.
● Discussion of ordinance modifying commissioner roles.
● Discussion of and voting on 2023 – 2024 commission positions
● Discussion of and voting on Mayor pro tem position for 2023 -2024.
- Discussion of Virtual or Physical Meeting Location Date for future Meetings –
The next working meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 6, 2023 7:00 pm.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 13, 2023 7:00 pm.