Investment Committee Recommendation

One area of commission emphasis in 2021 is the investment of city savings. Our citizen investment committee met in January, February, and March and has provided a detailed recommendation for growing the city’s funds in a safe and responsible way. In summary, the investment committee recommended that approximately 60% of the city’s savings be invested in FDIC insured money market accounts, and the remaining 40% be invested in an exchange traded fund (ETF) portfolio which contains a stop loss trigger. This means if the fund loses more 10% of its value in a market downturn, the investment is automatically converted to a more conservative bond ETF portfolio. A complete copy of the recommendation can be found here:

This entry was posted in Announcements, Mayor's Message. Bookmark the permalink.