December 13, 2021 at 7:00 PM
The 700 Room, 1st Floor
700 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Call To Order –
Approval of Previous Minutes –
Reports – Each Report Will be Followed by Comments from Each Commissioner Who Wishes to Speak.
- Treasurer’s Report and Adoption
- Mayor’s Report – James Martin
- American Rescue Plan Funding Update – total amount of $132,864.00 as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The Bellemeade Commission wants input on how those funds should be spent. All costs must be incurred by December 31, 2024. Eligible uses include:
(1) Household Assistance – including food assistance; rent, mortgage, or utility assistance; counseling and legal aid; cash assistance to households are allowed, but they must be proportional to the negative economic impact on the household.
(2) Investing in Water, Sewer, and Broadband Infrastructure and Public Safety
(3) Special-Purpose Districts – including school districts, water districts, or fire districts – will not receive funding allocations; however, cities may transfer money to these districts to further goals of the act. Similarly, cities may transfer funds to county governments and vice versa.
Current Resident suggestions are
- Drainage Ditch clearing behind South Hamptom
- Partial Reimbursement for Resident Home Camera Installation
- Updating the streetlights – LED and adding more between.
Drainage issues on north chadwick 100 block
- Security cameras at entrances.
- Twice year large junk pick up.
- Broadband access for City of Bellemeade
- Hotspots or broadband for NERL library branch
- Helping low income Bellemeade residents with sewer bills
- Removing old trees on Shelbyville road and planting new ones.
- Pipeline on the South Hampton Woodcleft Ditch
- Autumn leaf composting
- Teaming with other small cities to fund a solar array.
- Community ministry food pantry
- Library donation
- Fire district donation
- Water pressure increase
- Police security increase.
- Commissioner Reports
Public Comments – In Accordance with Commission Rules
New Business –
- Second Reading of Investment Policy Statement
- Discussion and Possible Approval of Investment Policy Statement
- Second Reading of Front Yard Fencing Ordinance
- Discussion and Possible Approval of Front Yard Fencing Ordinance
- Discussion of Virtual or Physical Meeting Location Date for future Meetings
The next working meeting is scheduled for Monday January 3, 2022 7:00 pm. The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday January 10, 2022 7:00 pm.