Regular Meeting Agenda
February 14, 2022 at 7:00 PM
The 700 Room, 1st Floor
700 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Call To Order –
Approval of Previous Minutes –
Reports – Each Report Will be Followed by Comments from Each Commissioner Who Wishes to Speak.
● Treasurer’s Report and Adoption
● Mayor’s Report – James Martin
o Discussion of at least 3 resident concerns regarding the overnight parking ordinance and whether commissioners believe repeal or amendment is advisable. Also discuss social media and email notices.
o Code of Ordinances has been updated to include newly passed ordinances – and will be available for review by all those present and signed by city treasurer for publication on the website.
o American Rescue Plan Funding Update – total amount of $132,864.00 as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The Bellemeade Commission wants input on how those funds should be spent. All costs must be incurred by December 31, 2024. Eligible uses include:
(1) Household Assistance – including food assistance; rent, mortgage, or utility assistance; counseling and legal aid; cash assistance to households are allowed, but they must be proportional to the negative economic impact on the household.
(2) Investing in Water, Sewer, and Broadband Infrastructure and Public Safety
(3) Special-Purpose Districts –.
Current Commission Discussions Have Focused on:
▪ Drainage Ditch clearing behind South Hamptom
▪ Partial Reimbursement for Resident Home Camera Installation
▪ Updating the streetlights – LED and adding more between.
▪ Police security increase.
● Commissioner Reports
● Public Works – House numbers visibility, snow removal.
● Public Events – Discussion of date, plan, and appropriation for Arbor Day Event
o Discussion of Yardsale date.
Public Comments – In Accordance with Commission Rules
New Business –
● Discussion of Budget Planning for 2022 – Including areas where budget may be decreased or increased.
● Discussion of Tax rate changes for 2022 —
● Discussion of possible reimbursement/rebate for canopy tree replanting
● Discussion of Virtual or Physical Meeting Location Date for future Meetings
The next working meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 7, 2022 7:00 pm. Via Zoom. The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday March 14, 2022 7:00 pm. in person.