City Of Bellemeade
Regular Meeting Agenda
March 14, 2022 at 7:00 PM
The 700 Room, 1st Floor
700 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Call To Order –
Approval of Previous Minutes –
Reports – Each Report Will be Followed by Comments from Each Commissioner Who Wishes to Speak.
- Treasurer’s Report and Adoption
- Mayor’s Report – James Martin
- Bellemeade City Election will occur November 8, 2022 – The candidate filing deadline is Tuesday June 7, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
- Anne Palmer Los Arboles Condominiums 8625 Shelbyville Road 40222 – says trash is often missed weekly.
- Investment Update and Discussion –
- Peddler’s Ordinance License Application
- American Rescue Plan Funding Update – total amount of $132,864.00 as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The Bellemeade Commission wants input on how those funds should be spent. All costs must be incurred by December 31, 2024. Eligible uses include now greatly expanded since there is now a presumed amount of lost revenue up to $10,000,000 for each city. Only 4 or 5 cities in the Commonwealth received more than $10,000,000. All other cities can use their full amounts for traditional governmental services.
Therefore, we are no longer limited to the following categories:
(1) Household Assistance – including food assistance; rent, mortgage, or utility assistance; counseling and legal aid; cash assistance to households are allowed, but they must be proportional to the negative economic impact on the household.
(2) Investing in Water, Sewer, and Broadband Infrastructure and Public Safety
(3) Special-Purpose Districts –.
Current Commission Discussions Have Focused on:
- Drainage Ditch clearing behind South Hamptom
- Partial Reimbursement for Resident Home Camera Installation
- Updating the streetlights – LED and adding more between.
- Police security increase.
- Tree Planting
- Commissioner Reports
- Public Works –
- Public Events – Discussion of date, plan, and appropriation for Arbor Day Event
- Discussion of Yardsale date.
Public Comments – In Accordance with Commission Rules
New Business –
- Discussion of Budget Planning for 2022 – Including areas where budget may be decreased or increased.
- Discuss Budget Changes for remainder of 2022
- Discuss Projected Budget for July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
- Discussion of Tax rate changes for 2022 —
- Discussion of possible reimbursement/rebate for canopy tree replanting
- Discussion of Virtual or Physical Meeting Location Date for future Meetings
The next working meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 4, 2022 7:00 pm. Via Zoom. The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday April 11, 2022 7:00 pm. in person.