City Of Bellemeade
Regular Meeting Agenda
Monday, September 9, 2022 7:00 pm
700 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Call To Order –
Approval of Previous Minutes –
Reports – Each Report Will be Followed by Comments from Each Commissioner Who Wishes to Speak.
- Treasurer’s Report and Adoption
- Mayor’s Report – James Martin
- No Working Meeting Was Held Labor Day September 5, 2022
- Bellemeade City Election will occur November 8, 2022 –The last day to file a declaration of intent to be a write-in candidate is Friday, October 28, 2022
- American Rescue Plan Funding Update – total amount of $132,864.00 as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The Bellemeade Commission wants input on how those funds should be spent. All costs must be incurred by December 31, 2024. Eligible uses are now greatly expanded since there is now a presumed amount of lost revenue up to $10,000,000 for each city. Cities can use their full amounts for traditional governmental services.
We may not use the funds for:
- Pay for debt service or financing expenses
- Replenish financial reserves (e.g., rainy day fund)
- Satisfy obligations under a settlement agreement, judgment, consent decree, or debt restructuring
- Violate existing federal, state, or local laws; regulations; or the intent, terms, and conditions of ARPA
Current Commission Discussions Have Focused on:
- Drainage Ditch clearing behind South Hamptom – issue include liability and resident permission to enter onto their property.
- Partial Reimbursement for Resident Home Camera Installation
- Updating the streetlights – LED and adding more between.
- Police security increase.
- Tree Planting
- Commissioner Reports
- Public Lands – Consider promoting the tree planting ordinance.
- Public Works –
- Public Safety –
- Commissioner Sandy Walker wishes to discuss her concerns about KLE
- Mayor Martin will present parking warning forms.
- Public Events –
Public Comments – In Accordance with Commission Rules
New Business –
- Discussion of zip code change for 40223 to 40222 (Per request of resident Geri Huff)
- Discussion of Virtual or Physical Meeting Location Date for future Meetings –
- Adjournment –
The next working meeting is scheduled for Monday, October 3, 2022 7:00 pm. Via Zoom. The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday October 10, 2022 7:00 pm. in person.